Kyoji Yamamoto Live
date: Monday 12th October, 7pm
venue: The Kings Head Pub, Galway
Born and raised in Matsue.
Kyoji began playing the guitar at the age of fifteen, and enrolled in the Yamaha Nemu Music Conservatory three years later. His reputation as an extremely talented guitarist was established right from the start of his career, and he was appointed as the lead guitarist and vocalist of BOW WOW. The band quickly gained popularity through touring with both Aerosmith and Kiss. Kyoji’s dynamic playing and exceptional technique led him to become one of the forerunners of the Japanese rock scene. He later formed VOW WOW. Based in London, the band recorded and performed in the UK, around Europe and the US for four years. Highly regarded internationally, Kyoji has influenced some world-famous artists, and is ever-active on the global stage, demonstrating his wide range of musicianship. In addition to releasing several instrumental albums, he holds sessions with jazz-fusion musicians, performs in acoustic recitals, and creates the music for the “Lafcadio Hearn Reading Performance” in collaboration with Shiro Sano. He is also a renowned producer for other international artists.
Welcome Event in Cong
date: Tuesday 13th October, 10.30
Visit to Strandhill & Ashford Castle. Unveil a Picture of Hearn, Irish Music & Presentation by School Children at Crossroads Community Centre.
Embassy of Japan Information Stand
Embassy of Japan to host Japan Stand at Dublin’s Central Library, with information on Japanese culture, tourism, Japan-related events etc.
date: Wednesday 16th September, 2―4pm
venue: Central Library, Dublin
Lafcadio Hearn related books available in Embassy of Japan Cultural Centre Library
Selection of books by and on Lafcadio Hearn added to Cultural Centre Library since last year—please feel free to come and borrow them.
Works by Lafcadio Hearn
- Kwaidan: Stories and Studies of Strange Things (Stone Bridge Press)
- Out of the East: Reveries and Studies in New Japan (Tuttle)
- Glimpses of Unfamiliar Japan (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)
- Kokoro: Hints and Echoes of Japanese Inner Life (Tuttle)
- Japan: An Attempt at Interpretation (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)
- Lafcadio Hearn’s Japan: An Anthology of His Writings on the Country and Its People (Tuttle Classics)
- Shadowings (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)
Works on Lafcadio Hearn
- Lafcadio Hearn: His Life, Work & Irish Background, by Sean G. Ronan and Toki Koizumi (Ireland Japan Association)
- Irish Writing on Lafcadio Hearn and Japan, edited by Sean G. Ronan (Global Oriental)
- A Fantastic Journey: The Life and Literature of Lafcadio Hearn, by Paul Murray (Japan Library)
- Wandering Ghost: The Odyssey of Lafcadio Hearn, by Jonathan Cott (Kodansha International)